Innisfail Minor Hockey Association (IMHA) is a dynamic volunteer based organization. Would you like to share your time and skills with our hockey community? If you have an interest please have a look at the roles outlined below and email IMHA if interested at: email@example.com.
We invite enthusiastic, friendly and committed IMHA members to join us. Check the IMHA website for more details on these roles at: http://www.innisfailminorhockey.com/content/duties-amp-responsibilities
APPLICATION DEADLINE: N/A
Hockey for a Lifetime!
Position: Risk Management/Equipment Director
Job Description: The Risk Management/Equipment Director shall work to minimize the risk of injury, legal and financial liability to players, parents, team officials and IMHA in all aspects of the operation of our teams. The Risk Management/Equipment Director shall ensure all teams under the jurisdiction of IMHA are supplied with sufficient an proper equipment to participate in the league designated to them.
1. Shall create a volunteer position to promote and enforce risk management policy and to work with Hockey Alberta to train our volunteers, players and parents in this area.
2. Shall, as per equipment policy, ensure all equipment, uniforms, pucks, jersey bags, etc. required by the teams under the jurisdiction of IMHA, are made available to the coaches of these teams prior to the beginning of the season.
3. Shall, before the Budget meeting, prepare an equipment budget forecast for the upcoming year.
4. Shall, at the conclusion of each year, assess and evaluate all equipment, arrange for adequate storage, and report all damaged or lost equipment to the Board to ensure repair and/or replacement is completed before the start of the next season.
5. Shall be the only authorized representative of the Board to distribute, maintain, purchase, receive and coordinate equipment.
6. Shall ensure proper signed documentation is kept to allow for the location of any and all equipment owned by IMHA.
7. Shall submit prices to the Board for approval and purchase exceeding $100.00, unless itemized in the budget submitted and approved at the Board meeting.
8. Shall be required to account, in writing, an itemized list of equipment owned by the IMHA in order to ensure control, insurance, volume of requests and proper safety of the players is satisfied.
9. Shall ensure the Board is kept informed of any and all information regarding changes in equipment regulations which may affect the operation of IMHA.
10. Shall maintain, expand, update and control a complete list of equipment check-off sheets, return sheets, distribution sheets, and excess equipment, authorized receipts of equipment, itemized lists of equipment in possession of coaches, signed return lists and condition of equipment.
11. Shall, during the summer months, distribute equipment to any goalie registered in the IMHA who is participating in a summer hockey program. Shall provide equipment to goalies participating in IMHA fall conditioning camps, hockey schools and try outs as per equipment policy.
12. Shall be responsible for researching new equipment available to get best possible protection to players at the least possible cost to IMHA.
13. Shall be resource person available to coaches and players/parents of IMHA on proper use and adjustments of hockey/goalie equipment.
14. Committee member of Budget Committee.